Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First check-in for ROW80

I am not off to a good start. In all fairness, we did get extremely busy at work yesterday and then I basically dropped into a dead sleep once I got home. Still, not a good start. To the check-in, shall we?

Goal 1. To write at least 500 words, 5 days a week
Tuesday: 510 words - JUST MADE IT!
Wednesday: 213 words - yeesh not too hot

Goal 2. To complete (or edit) at least two full scenes a day
Tuesday: Edited 3 full scenes from Arieties
Wednesday: Edited 1 scene from Arieties

Goal 3. To have the draft of my WIP Arieties ready for beta reading by the end of ROW80
Working on it

I'm thinking of adding a new goal for next week, but I'm going to let that idea marinate for a while before jumping in, especially since I couldn't accomplish the two that I set myself up for. I'll just have to do better next time. My personal goal for next week is to make up for the things I've missed this week. So I'm short 287 words from today (which is still not over, so I could still make it) and one scene. I can do this.

I hope everyone else did better with their goals then I did!

5 comments:

  1. It's clear that you're making progress! Editing can be a real bish sometimes, too. Good luck completing your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself - you are off to a great start! Keep it up and I look forward to seeing if you add to your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arieties is cool. I tried googling it and all it came up with was Varieties. Is it a name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @tiffany - thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty competitive with myself so I'm looking to blow this week out of the water by Sunday :P

    @Unknown - Arieties is the name of my current WIP. I made the word up. Glad it sounds like something real lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @lisey - thanks for stopping by! I don't know how I didn't see your comment when I came on before lol

    ReplyDelete